Thursday, January 28, 2016

Blinky LEDs

I got an Arduino board for Christmas and I've finally had a chance to play with it some, so this is my new Arduino saying "Hello, World!"




The obvious question here is: Why, why, why did you use orange wire for ground, Mad Scientist?? And the answer is...well, because I'm lazy and it's what I had on hand. I promise I won't always be so sloppy.

The other obvious question is: Where to from here? I see two directions I need to go. I need to get the Arduino talking to my phone, possibly with my computer as a middle-man. (I did decide to use a phone as the universal remote. Still learning how to program it, but I think it should be doable.) I also need to get the hardware setup to have the Arduino turn a motor that will open the blinds.

I don't have a motor just now (the one from the mixer can't be removed from the mixer, so it doesn't count), and it's a little late at night for a Radio Shack run, so I think I'll work on getting the Arduino and the phone talking. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment